General Website Use Terms and Conditions
The term Northumberland Honey Co or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 7E, Haltwhistle Industrial Estate, Haltwhistle, Northumberland, NE49 9HA. Our company registration number is 09432006. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Returns and Refunds
Cancellations, returns and refunds
1.18 All customers have the right to cancel their order under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations.
1.19 Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods.
1.20 To meet the cancellation deadline, please notify us via email or phone about cancelling the order before the cancellation period has expired.
1.21 If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have cancelled the order.
1.22 We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
1.23 Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the order, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days of your cancellation.
1.23a In the case of refunds being made, the refund will be the amount paid less administration costs for processing the refund. Administration cost will be equivalent to 20% of the order value.
1.23b There will also be the option on cancelling to use the value of the order against other purchases rather than refund, if using the cancellation amount against purchasing other goods, these goods should be requested and purchased within 14 days of notification of the wish to cancel. In the case of using the value of the cancellation against other goods, no administration charge will be applied, but if delivery costs are applicable these will be charged seperately.
1.24 You will not have any right to cancel an order for the supply of any of the following goods:
(a) the supply of goods that are made to the customer’s specification or are clearly personalised.
(b) the supply of beekeeping courses, taster sessions, beekeeping experiences, where a specific date has been booked and cancelled at short notice by the customer. Full Ts and Cs for the beekeeping experiences and courses can be found here
(c) beekeeping courses and experiences which have lapsed in time (beekeeping courses and experiences are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase)
(d) please note beekeeping courses and experiences must be used in the beekeeping season – April to September.
1.25 In addition you will lose your right to cancel if you:
(a) unseal goods that are not suitable for return if they are unsealed, due to health protection or hygiene reasons.
(b) combine goods with other goods after delivery so that they become inseparable.
Queens & Bees
a) The return of queens & bees is only accepted if they are returned alive and by royal mail special delivery within 14 days of receiving. Any returns outside of this time are at our discretion. – Please note terms and conditions for the sale of bees for more thorough information. Queens that are dead on arrival must be reported to us via the queen return/refund form on the day of arrival.
To request a return or refund on Queen Bees please use the designated return/refund form